Who is this man?
Why he is famous in the Arab world and also in many countries in Europe? "Scientific Miracles" is his interest especially in the Glorious Qur'an
His name is Zaghloul Ragheb Mohammed ElNaggar. He was born on 17th of November 1933, in Gharbia, Egypt
T B.Sc. geology Cairo University
T Ph.D. in geology Wales University
T Professorship 1972
He worked in many places as:
*Geologist, Conrada (Sahara) Oil Company, Cairo, Egypt, (June 1955 - August, 1955).
*Geologist. Barramiya Gold Mines, Eastern Desert, Egypt: (1958- 1959).
* Assistant Professor of Geology. King Saud University Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: (1964 - 1967).
* Associate Professor of Geology, Kuwait University, Kuwait (1967 -1972).
* Chairman of Department: (1972 - 1977).
*Rector, Al- Ahqaf University, Yemen.
* Chairman, Committee of Scientific Notions in the Glorious Qur'än, Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs, Cairo, Egypt.
His achievements are so many that it would be impossible to mention all of them in a few lines so we will highlight a few? He presented 14 researches in geology after his Ph.D. in Wales University 1963-1966
? After his getting a fellow degree he went to Kuwait and founded the Geology department in the Kuwait University 1967.
He supervised about 40 Ph.D. and Ms. As:
1. Stratigraphy and micropaleomology of the Late Cretaceous- Early Paleogene Succession in Kuwait’.
2. “Stratigraphy and Planktonic Foraminifera of the Late Cretaceous Succession in the Kuwait-Saudi Arabia Neutral Zone Offshore Area”.
3. “Stratigraphy and Planktonic Foraminifera of the Middle Cretaceous Succession in Kuwait”.
4. “Foraminiferida from the offshore area of Kuwait (Northwestern Arabian Gulf)”.
5. “Biostratigraphic studies of the Mawhoob West Section, Western Desert, Egypt and UAR.
6. “Stratigraphical and microfacies analysis of some Middle Cretaceous Succession in Kuwait’.
7. “Stratigraphy and microfacies analysis of some Early Cretaceous Successions in the subsurface section of the Kuwait-Saudi Arabia Divided Neutral Zone Offshore area.”
8. “Foraminiferida from the Early-Middle Eocene Succession in the area to the East of Assiut. Egypt.
9. ‘Foraminiferida from the Neogene Succession of Kuwait and the Arabin Gulf’.
10. ‘Microstratigraphical analysis of the Late Cretaceous-Early Paleogene succession in Egypt. typified by the Dakhla Oasis and the Nile Valley Sections’.
He has more than 150 publications which range include researches, books …
He has published 220 weekly articles in the daily paper Al-Ahram,
1-The genus Praeglobotruncana in the Late Cretaceous Succession of Kuwait.1987
2- The lagging behind of Contemporary Muslims in the area of Science and Technology1988
3-The geological concept of Mountains in the Glorious Qur’än
Early Muslims’ Contributions to The Development of Earth 4-
5-The Firmament in the Glorious Qur'än 2004
6-Plants in the Glorious Qur'än 2006
7-On the Scientific Inimitability of the Glorious Qur'än2006
He said about Scientific Miracles in the Holy Quran: "when the Muslim scientists concern themselves about scientific miracles and show it with the scientific evidence it’ll be the most important tool for calling to Allah"
He advised Muslim youth in one of his conferences that we Muslims have the only protected prophecy by Allah, Word by word and letter by letter from 14th Century so everyone should have it in his or her heart and mind to feel how is the integrity that he is responsible for.
He is a member of many organizations such as:
1-Elected Fellow of the Islamic Academy of Sciences, Amman, Jordan, and member of its Board of Directors
2-Founding Member and Member of the Board of Directors, The International Islamic Charitable Organization, Kuwait.
3- Founding Member and Member of the Board of Directors The International Organization on scientific Notions in Qur'än and Sunnah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
4- Associate Editor, A1-Rayyan Scientific Journal. Doha, Qatar
5- Member of the Advisory Board, MAAS Journal of Islamic Science, The Muslim Association For The Advancement of Science, Aligarh - 202001, India.
6- X-Associate Editor, Journal of Foraminiferal Research (Ithaca / New York, U.S.A.).
7- X-Member of the Editorial Board of the J. of African Earth Sciences and the Middle East. (Paris, France)
8- Scientific Consultant for The Indian Magazine "Islamic Science", The contemporary Muslim Magazine of Egypt, Al-Iâjaz Magazine, Mecca, and Al-Rayyan Magazine of Qatar
1- Secondary Education Competition Award Egypt 1951
2- Baraka Geology Award Egypt 1955
3- The Seventh Arab Petroleum Congress Best Papers’ Award 1970
4- Laureate of the Presidential Order of Merit, Sudan, 2005
5- Laureate of the Golden Badge of Honor for Sciences, Literature and Arts, Sudan, 2005.
He married in 1968 and had two sons but they died
For more information: www.elnaggarzr.com
By Rania ElSaadawy