Ahmed Mustagir Mustafa
An Egyptian biology scientist a specialist in Biotechnology.
He was born in 1934, Dakahlia, Egypt.
In secondary school, he liked biology books because he liked the teacher "Khalil Effendi".
- Bachelor of Science, Cairo University Faculty of Agriculture 1954
- Master of poultry from the Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University 1958
- Diploma inherit from the Institute of Animal
Genetics from the University of Edinburgh 1961
- Doctor to inherit clan from the Institute of Genetics University of Edinburgh 1963
- Fellow World Academy of Arts and Sciences
He was a member In The following organizations:
- The World Academy of Arts and Sciences in San Francisco.
- The Federation of Arab Writers.
- Complex immortal.
- Arabic Language Academy.
- The Egyptian Association for genetic science.
- Dictionary of the Arab agricultural.
- The Egyptian Society for the science of animal production.
- The Egyptian Association for literary criticism.
- Egyptian Scientific Academy.
- The rapporteur genetic engineering and
biotechnology with the Supreme Council of Universities.
-The Board of Directors of the Egyptian Society
for the dissemination of scientific knowledge and culture.
- National Board of Education and Scientific Research.
- The scientific culture at the Supreme Council of Culture.
- National Board of Production.
He worked as
Lecturer of the Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University 1964
Assistant professor of the Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University 1971
Professor of the Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University 1974
Dean of the Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University, from 1986:
A full-time professor of the Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University 1995
He wrote many books in many fields
In Genetic Improvement of animals:
• Introduction in the science of animal husbandry.
• The study in the genetic selection in cattle milk
• The genetic improvement of livestock
• The applied aspects in improving animal and poultry.
In literature and scientific culture:
• Poetry-in the face of evidence of the digital sea of Arabic poetry.
• Science called happiness.
• Is due swarms' ducks? (Divan).
• Playing old flute (Divan).
Also he translated books:
In science and philosophy:
• The dramatic story of Quantity.
• Silence Spring.
• Nature of life.
• The great extinction.
• The era of gene and electronics.
• Trivial ideas for the lazy man.
• Three men in a boat.
He always said "in our world children born for misery,
for a long night without end. With the science more and more,
food and smile for every mouth"
He is the owner of project which devised strains of wheat and rice bearing salt and drought.
The prizes and medals
President Mubarak honors Dr Mustagir
- The State Award for Science and Agriculture 1974
- Medal of Science and the Arts, First Class 1974
- The prize for the best translated scientific book 1993
- Award scientific creativity 1995
- The prize for the best book I know 1996
- State Incentive prize for agricultural sciences 1996
- Medal of Science and the Arts, First Class 1996
- The prize for the best book I know 1999
- The prize for the best work of cultural 2000
- Mubarak Award in science and advanced technology 2001
He had 3 children: Tarek studied electronics, Salma Master of Germanic language and Marwa who worked in biology like her father.
Died on August 17, 2006 at the age of 72 years in a hospital in Austria
after suffering a severe stroke in the brain after watching the events of the destruction
and massacres committed by Israel against civilians and children in Lebanon.
By Rania ElSaadawy